Now that I've plunged headlong into Shop Your Closet, I realize I need to prepare for these five months. Hello, Earth to Laura! Preparing usually takes place BEFORE the event.
Nevertheless, yesterday I ...
1. Deplaned from those five billion retail emails that fly into my inbox daily. NOT helpful ... must resist temptation! I did keep Ideeli, and Bloomie's. If Ideeli has a fire sale of Marc Jacobs dresses for 75% off, I am toast!
2. Found my large blank sketchbook. This will be my "dream" book and whenever I see something I cannot live without, I will rip the page out of the magazine or print it from the website and paste it in here.
3. Planned a prize for the end of the marathon, totally stealing Taylor's idea over at YLF. My prize? A ticket to NYC to stay with girlfriends and shop the sales. January = Cheap airfare! Cheap clothing! Cheap, normally expensive, restaurants with available tables!
4. Started de-cluttering my closet. Have a sinking feeling it may be photographed for the magazine at some point. I want to slowly go through my house, decluttering room by room.
5. Thought about the eating and shopping connection. I am trying to eat and drink less. Sort of a cleansing process!
Did you do anything to prepare for the next five months? Is there anything you wish you would have bought or done before we started?