Sunday, September 19, 2010

What I Wore: Weekend Edition

Confession: without new items to perk me up, I've gotten really lazy in the style department. So I did another "what I wore" this weekend to keep me on the straight and narrow. I am really loving the combination of grey and yellow, which has been around for a couple of years now.



JCrew cashmere shawl collar cardi, JCrew ruffled tank, JCrew grey and gold and pearl necklace, David Kahn skinnies (well, two seasons ago they were skinnies ... now they are merely straight legs in comparison with how skinny skinnies have become!), Clarks grey Mary Jane pumps with brown trim, mustard handbag, Club Monaco.

Then, I added a scarf - because it was only 65 degrees!



Yesterday, my husband I and were working on the budget (we got some software especially for this torturous purpose), and while the good news was that I spent nothing on clothes this month, the bad news is that I more than made up for it in home furnishings. Ugh! And I still need a rug for the master bedroom ... and for the living room ... and there's that sofa we don't have ... it never ends!

2 comments:

  1. Cute, cute outfit! I love grey and yellow, and I knew you would rock that scarf!

    Yeah, home decor is pricey. I have a separate savings account for home repairs and decorating, and I deposit money into it regularly. So when it is time for a makeover, we've got a budget to use. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart, Kristen!

    We moved in two and a half years ago, and I was so exhausted (we renovated for a year) that I literally haven't done a thing since then. This burst of home decorating energy has been fun ... but you're right, it gets pricey fast!

    ReplyDelete